The main objectives of Climate Change Knowledge Cell in Kerala are:
- to build data-bank and knowledge repository for storing and retrieving Climate Change information at the state level to be useful to all sectoral line departments/agencies/ universities, general public, etc;
- to establish a network with various stakeholders within the State;
- to assess risk and vulnerability due to Climate Change in the State and to develop bench mark/assessment relevant for all adaptation and mitigation sectors;
- to develop capacity building for all relevant departments/agencies and stakeholders to create awareness on Climate Change and develop capabilities to handle various issues; and
- to develop a web portal for assisting decision makers in framing appropriate policy interventions in the activities of various departments/agencies.